Friday 15 April 2011

The best way I could think of developing each level is to simply create them as I go along. I can add more challenges as I go along and make each level progressively more difficult. I really want to have an introductory series of levels, set in a training zone. This is a tutorial section designed to familiarise the player with the controls, the gravity system, the main goal of the game and give them an idea of the sort of challenges they will face in the actual game. Building the tutorial section will be a good chance for me to block out some of the key challenges and dynamics of the game, which I can return to when I create the real levels.

So for the training zone I wanted it to be set in virtual reality environment so I created 2 simple grid textures using Adobe Illustrator, to be used for the walls and floors.



i really wanted the green lines to have a glow to them to give them a digital feel. This image shows a comparison between a normal diffuse shader(left) and a self illumination shader(right).


I then wanted to create an exit point prefab, which I could use on each level and when the player reaches this point they are taken to the next level. For this I experimented with the particle systems in Unity.










Without bloom and flares

With bloom and flares

No comments:

Post a Comment